Friday, 23 March 2018

23/3/2018

Lesson Aim:
To explore the LEGO NXT Mindstorms platform
To understand how sensors are used with the NXT Platform
To Identify different types of sensor
To investigate the nXc programming language

Learning Outcomes:
Identify different types of NXT Sensor
Write code that utilises at least one sensor
Explore the nXc coding language
Transfer code to a robot and assess its behaviour

Learning Objectives:
Explore LEGO NXT Mindstorms
Build a LEGO NXT Robot
Coding skills


This morning we practiced writing and downloading code onto our LEGO mindstorms robots that we previously made. Me and my partner made our robot move all motors at 100% power, causing it to move forward and spin the front tool. My partner then made it so when the back sensor touches something then it changes direction that it moves. This morning we also had a tutor hour about the United Nations which are an organization that promotes world peace by providing shelter, food and drink for countries that are at war or have economical outbreaks.

The next deadline that I have is U24 A2T1 which is due today. I need to put a lot of time into this one because there is lots of content to cover.


Lesson Aim:
Identify and work on outstanding tasks
Fully submit U13 for moderation

Learning Outcomes (what the learner will be able to do)
Get some basic questions about U14/24 correct
Get most basic questions about U14/24 correct
Get all (or all but one) basic questions about U14/24 correct
Accurately submit U13 for moderation
Ensure all links on submitted SoA are set up correctly
Ensure SoA is completed correctly for U13
Identify all outstanding tasks and deadlines for U14/24
Work towards completing outstanding work for U14/24

Learning Objectives (skills, knowledge & attitudes)
Rigorously check a peers work
Follow given instructions
Work independently


This afternoon we took a quiz which had questions from both unit 14 and unit 24 and I managed to score a good amount of them to be correct. Something that I am happy about is that I have fully completed U13 and submitted the SoA too. Based on the questions from the quiz, I know that I improve on calculating binary to hexadecimal.



No comments:

Post a Comment