Tuesday, 6 March 2018

6/3/2018

Lesson Aims:
Understand legal and ethical issues relating to the use of information


Learning Outcomes (what the learner will be able to do)

Identify key legislation relating to information
Identify how the legislation affects the use of information
Identify clauses from legal acts.
Identify what the GDPR is
Understand the main purpose of the GDPR
Identify the differences between the GDPR & DPA
Give examples of how companies will need to comply with the GDPR
Give examples of how companies could be punished under the GDPR
Give examples of the impact of data breaches on companies
Identify case studies of data breaches
Explain the implications that a data break have had on a company
Identify examples of whistleblowing


Learning Objectives (skills, knowledge & attitudes)

Know the rights you and your data have under law - link
Provide useful feedback
Refine work based on peer feedback

Today I we looked at and presented our presentations about legal acts to our classmates. This has helped me understand the key differences between GDPR and the DPA and how they affect both companies and individual people. A weakness of this is that I was not very prepared when coming to perform my presentation because I forgot some of the parts that I had to talk about. This afternoon we also looked at case studies about data breaches and whistling.

The next assignment I have due is a resubmission for tomorrow which is for U13.

No comments:

Post a Comment