To explore the LEGO NXT Mindstorms platform
To understand how sensors are used with the NXT Platform
To Identify different types of sensor
To investigate the nXc programming language
Learning Outcomes:
Identify different types of NXT Sensor
Write code that utilises at least one sensor
Explore the nXc coding language
Transfer code to a robot and assess its behaviour
Learning Objectives:
Explore LEGO NXT Mindstorms
Build a LEGO NXT Robot
Coding skills
Today we spent the morning playing around with LEGO robots by building and programing them. I think this time has been beneficial for me because it has slightly prepared me for when it comes to writing the assignment. I learnt that the language used to code the robots is NXC which is someone what similar to C. We also had a tutor hour about the positives, negatives and overall impact social media has on our lives.
The next assignment I have due is a resubmission for U23 tonight.
Lesson Aim:
Identify basic control system operations
Understand proportional control systems
Learning Outcomes (what the learner will be able to do)
Identify open loop systems
Identify closed loop systems
Identify proportional control systems
Explain the benefits of proportional control systems
Identify the benefits of P,I,D control systems
Identify the benefits of combining PID control systems
Learning Objectives (skills, knowledge & attitudes)
Say why feedback systems are better than open loop systems
Give an example of proportional control
Work independently
This afternoon we looked at the different principles of control systems and how they work. I learnt that a thermostat does not instantly reach a desired temperature because otherwise it would extend too far and would then have to drop back down. This is called overshooting. My SMART target for today was to learn the basics of NXC language over the weekend so I am confident in coding my robot to do what I would like it to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment