Friday, 6 October 2017

6/10/2017

Lesson Aims:
Continue developing skills of working in Blender
Design and create a small 3D model that could be 3D printed as a keyring
Finalise work for A1T1 and A1T2

Learning Outcomes:
Research and assess possible designs
Create justification for your choice in designs
Present designs for feedback
Create a simple, small 3D model from a design
Create a more detailed, small 3D model following your design.
Work on completion of A1T1
Work on completion of A1T2
Offer constructive feedback on improvements to a peer’s work

Learning Objectives:
Develop knowledge on using Blender to create 3D models
Understand how to create a design plan for a 3D model
Complete A1T1 and A1T2
Critically evaluate peer work


Today I worked in Blender to create a key ring in the form of a 3D model. I did some creative research and found three examples of models that I wanted to create being a pumpkin, Mario mushroom and a Rubix Cube. I decided to go with the Rubix cube because it has a simple square shape design. To make it look more smooth, I subdivided the cube then extruded and scaled each individual square which made it stand out. An image of what my final design looks like can be seen below. One thing that I forgot to add was a hole for the keychain to fit into. For the rest of the afternoon I worked towards completing assignments and am glad that I completed most of them so I can look forward to the weekend.


The next assignment I have due is U41 A1T2 which I will complete tonight. I also have a distinction criteria for U20 that I will not be going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment